2200 County Rd 45
Ontario Tourism Region : Kawartha and Northumberland
- Our Roadside Stand is open from late July until October 31st.
- Vanderview Farms was established in 1987. The home farm had long been a dairy farm for several generations of the Buck family. Will and Bernadette continued the dairy operation for another 33 years until March 2020.
- The dairy operation grew from 20 milking cows to 60 milking cows and the land base grew from 97 acres to 425 acres.
- In the early 2000's the family garden was expanded to include extra rows of sweet corn and what wasn't consumed by the Vanderhorst growing family was first sold at the road out of a cart pulled behind the lawn mower.
- Will and Bernadette's five children Adam, Annika, Alexa, Ashley and Aiden were and continue to be a big catalyst for the growing roadside stand.
- Recently Adam Vanderhorst and his wife Diane have started their own dairy farm near Campbellford.
- Annika, Alexa, Ashley Vanderhorst area pursing post secondary education still helping out on farm with younger brother Aiden in the summer.
- Will and Bernadette have long recognized the consumers interest in local food and will focus more on their roadside stand.
- Their garden stand features peaches 'n cream sweetcorn and yellow sweet corn, zucchini, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, beets, green and yellow beans, fresh dill, gourds, decorative corn, and pumpkins,
- always highlighted by Bernadette's gorgeous sunflowers. Vegetables are picked fresh daily for the roadside stand.
- In 2019 the Vanderhorsts added a corn trail and are hoping to expand the trail this fall.
- Vanderview Farms has always used sustainable farming practices. The farm was the first in the area to use No Till planting practices. This continues today with crops of corn, soybeans, and fall rye and hay in addition to the garden crops.
- The Vanderhorst Family would like to invite everyone to come taste our garden fresh vegetables and 'pick your own' pumpkins and sit amongst the sunflowers.
Address of this page: http://on.ruralroutes.com/Vanderview